The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a global challenge that’s having a real impact on all the Western Canadian communities Co-op serves. And it’s having an impact on you.
Heritage Co-op is taking steps across all stores and businesses to help our communities stay safe and healthy. We’re saddened by the news of all those who have been affected and we want to be diligent about doing our part to prevent more impacts.
Heritage Co-op stores are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of normal business, but all stores are increasing the frequency of cleaning. They’re also ensuring that available preventative resources are made available to both customers and employees.
We are also working with employees to ensure that they have current information on prevention so they can stay healthy or stay home if they are feeling ill. These practices are informed by Health Canada (Healthy Canadians) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We’re also encouraging all Co-op customers and members to keep informed on prevention by visiting Health Canada, WHO and other helpful resources.
Safe shopping initiatives
To maintain a safe environment and serve our members and customers, we’ve implemented the following actions:
- Enhanced sanitation and hygiene practices at all our locations
- Appointed a greeter to wipe down carts and share information on social distancing practices in stores.
- Open an hour early for Seniors and members of the public who are most vulnerable
- Placed signs and floor markings to encourage social distancing
- Installing plexiglass shields for cashiers in high traffic areas
- Limiting the number of customers in store where applicable
- Closed beverage counters and deli seating areas
- Encourage Home Centre and Ag customers to consider doing business remotely to limit contact
- Asking those that feel unwell or have recently travelled not to enter our stores
Thank you to our employees
We remain committed to taking care of our team and work to provide them with the information needed to keep themselves and their families safe.
Our role is part of the collaborative efforts of the entire community. We can’t forget that we are all together and will come through this challenge by trusting and relying upon one another.
We will keep you updated on any news or information as it arises. Please visit our website and social media channels for information.